Author and Scriptwriter

'Among the most important writers of contemporary British horror.' -Ramsey Campbell

Monday 23 May 2011

Busy busy busy... Ooh! Good news!

Hello folks. Did you miss me?

It's been a busy few weeks- The Faceless has been taking up a great deal of my time, not that I begrudge it. Anyway, I finished the first draft a week or so back (11 minutes into Friday the 13th- how cool/apt/worrying is that?) But of course, that means the real work is just beginning, as the process of rewrites sets in... but I'll blog more about that soon.

In the meantime, two pieces of good news! Black Static have accepted my short story, 'Dermot'. Don't know yet which issue it'll appeared in, but I'll let you know. I'm still buzzing off the acceptance...

Also worthy of mention is that I now have a chapbook forthcoming from Simon Marshall-Jones' very fine venture Spectral Press: Cold Havens will contain two short stories of mine, 'Comfort Your Dead' and 'The Climb'. Release date, again, TBC. Rest assured you'll know when I do. Me, I'm looking forward to September, when the ever-reigning Cate's Nowhere Hall is released. Spectral are producing some fantastic quality work, both in terms of the fiction and its presentation, and all at very affordable prices. If you like your horror and your dark fiction, they're well worth a look.

Right, well, can't faff about on t'internet all morning. These novels won't rewrite themselves...

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Ha! 'Can't faff about on t'internet all morning' and you posted after eleven at night... Did you get lost in the interweb? HeHeHe.

Congrats again on the Black Static acceptance.

Simon said...

Cheers Cate!

Oh, I get lost on the interweb all the time... it's me age. I should have a note saying 'if found please return to my Yahoo inbox'. Or something.

But in this case, not guilty! The post DID go up this morning, but the timer on my blog is completely kafartled... for instance your post shows as having been made a minute after midnight, which I'm sure is waaaay past your bedtime... ;-)

Cate Gardner said...

Ha! So it does.

Note to self: Don't mess with the Bestwick, he can bend time.

Simon said...

I bloody wish. :)

The Shadow said...

I just had a slightly drunken thought - why don't you, Simon Unsworth and Simon Strantzas release a little chapbook with a story each in it. The Three Simon's!

Anyway, back to the drinking.